Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Data Plan for Ethnography Paper

SO, I want to explore the effects of media and technology on students and the way they learn and then utilize technology and media to teach to them in a more effective way. I plan on using journals I have found on English Journal, Cindy has hooked me up with a teacher who is doing a similar moodle type class. Also, I want to use some interviews from my sibling who is a freshmen in High School at a "Technology School." Hopefully, this will be enough information to support my thesis.

3 Comments:

Blogger deemae said...

I agree that technology in the classroom is dramatically changing and I think it is a great topic to explore becoming a future teacher. Your research methods, thus far, seem great to me, you are well on your way and much futher than I am!! I am really interested in how your final paper will look.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy O-A said...

Traci, remember that teacher research studies are more exploratory than hypothesis-driven. Also, you're focusing on *primary* research, so hang on to those English Journals for the last paper. You won't need anything for this one except for data you collect yourself.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda Johnson said...

I think you are off to a good start, but a great resource you could use is a technology assistant at a school. I currently teach at Lincoln Junior High and they have a tech guy who is all about using technology in the classroom to enhance learning. An example of one piece of technology he is teaching teachers to use is a smart board. This might be a good source to look into.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home